Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fairytale Podcast

After finishing a unit on Fairytales, I would like for my students to create a podcast. This podcast would be the student retelling a Fairytale of their choice, making it their own. I have included an example of what I will be expecting by using and creating  a podcast about The Gingerbread Man. Here is my link to the podcast: http://tbroome1.podomatic.com

Here is the RSS Feed for the podcast as well: http://tbroome1.podomatic.com/rss2.xml

6 comments:

  1. Tara,
    What a great idea on the podcast. I love kids ideas on fairy tales and where they take their own personal ones~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara, Fairy tales are so interesting. I like how you retold the story, Gingerbreadman. The way you described the characters were so much more colorful than the original. Great idea!

      Delete
  2. Tara I really enjoyed your Podcast on fairytales. I believe its a great way to get students motivated to write and use their imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved your fairytale podcast. I can't wait to use the idea this year in 2nd grade. Having students create their own fairytales is a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea to "update" versions of stories we all know. I think that it helps students to become more involved in the story and keeps their interest on any projects that are associted with the story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute idea! An alternative to a podcast could be a written story using the Scribblepress App. This app easily creates and publishes an illustrated ebook. Students can draw, add clipart, or take photos for their story. They can also add text. For students who struggle with writers block, they can begin with a story template (think Mad libs) and then elaborate on it. The final product can be ordered in print, but can also be viewed online or downloaded to be read in Apple's iBooks, Kindle or other eReaders and apps.

    ReplyDelete